Skip to main content

ELITE?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Madness
    Participant

@Mattyrat2027, you might have to write your own PEM parser. Or use OpenSSL?

Madness
    Participant

Perhaps the problem is that the forum editor replaces multiple hyphens with dashes.

-----BEGIN SECRET STUFF-----
    MIGRDHFUbyByZWFkIHRoZSBjbHVlLCBtdWx0aXBseSB0aGUgdGhyZWUgaW50ZWdl
    cnMgdG9nZXRoZXIgYW5kIGNvbnZlcnQgdGhlIHJlc3VsdCB0byBiYXNlIDM2ICh1
    c2luZyBkaWdpdHMgMC4uOUEuLlopLgIBKQIEARXjjwITQ3u2k4zcfcCSrIUQnUQY
    W9DV0Q==
    -----END SECRET STUFF-----

Mattyrat2027
    Participant

@Madness thanks, but I don’t think I have the right software for that coding, and I couldn’t work out how to use OpenSSL. I am beginning to wonder if this format is all a red herring, or if I am missing something key. is the Base64 the correct decryption or are you throwing us off to make it “interesting”?

Madness
    Participant

OK, so maybe I used PEM because *I* thought it would be interesting.

openssl asn1parse -in secret.pem
        0:d=0  hl=3 l= 145 cons: SEQUENCE
        3:d=1  hl=2 l= 113 prim: UTF8STRING        :To read the clue, multiply the three integers together and convert the result to base 36 (using digits 0..9A..Z).
      118:d=1  hl=2 l=   1 prim: INTEGER           :29
      121:d=1  hl=2 l=   4 prim: INTEGER           :0115E38F
      127:d=1  hl=2 l=  19 prim: INTEGER           :437BB6938CDC7DC092AC85109D44185BD0D5D1

Mattyrat2027
    Participant

@Madness So sorry, I might have to give this hint a miss. I can’t seem to get it to work. Is that the code for a PEM decoder I see above? I tried it on an online Python but it cam out with a load of syntax errors.

Madness
    Participant

A miss? I de-PEM-ed it for you.

Cribbage
    Participant

@Mattyrat2027 Madness’ most recent post actually gives the 3 numbers that you need, but they are not in Base 10. Convert them to Base 10, multiply them together and then convert to Base 36.

F6exb
    Participant

I have something in base 36 that begins with CO and ends with O4.
    Is that correct ?

The-letter-wriggler
    Participant

Well that’s a really big help NOT!
    I have been trying with that since day one, after all you would not use it as the 8A keyword without reason and the black ‘holes’ confirmed it.
    Still haven’t made any progress, I don’t yet know how it relates with the cipher.

F6exb
    Participant

I deciphered your hint, but sadly for me, I have it from the begining: it is deeply hidden in the coda.

Mattyrat2027
    Participant

@Madness @Cribbage I can see the de-PEM-ed hint, but I still can’t make sense of some of it. It is probably staring me right in the face, but I am still stuck 🙁 .

Can you confirm that the 3 numbers next to :INTEGER are the 3 I need? I then need t work out what base they are in, and then convert to base 10, then multiply, then convert to base 36 (with the end result being the clue)?

Sorry for inconvenience, but I am still relatively new to this area of encoding.

F6exb
    Participant

@Mattyrat2027.
    Yes, the base they are in is evident and the same for the 3 numbers.
    You can convert the first 2 with calc.exe in Windows (program mode), but not the third which is too long. You must search on the net, and also search a program in line to multiply these very long numbers. (55 digits for the result).
    After that search for another program to convert from base 10 to base 36.
    Good luck.

Ace661
    Participant

This is no longer relevant, but the original clue might also be described as ASN.1 encoded data (data which has been ASN.1 encoded, then PEM encoded). As well as openssl, there are some online ASN.1 decoders which can do that conversion.

F6exb
    Participant

You can use this one:
    https://lapo.it/asn1js/

Cribbage
    Participant

I also spotted the keyword to 8A on day one, but I still found Madness’ clue very helpful …

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.