Skip to main content

About the mission

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Harry
    Keymaster

Comments, theories or questions about this year’s mission? This is the place for them…

Madness
    Participant

Who is [Edited by Harry – no spoilers!]?

[And anyway, are you sure you have that right? Harry]

Madness
    Participant

It could be […] “YES”.

Cribbage
    Participant

[Edited by Harry: Cribbage could I ask you to restrain yourself from posting these spoilers? Thanks Harry]

Blaz3
    Participant

I wonder what the cipher is, and also, is it always a keyword sunstitution?

Feefen
    Participant

What/who is “[Spoiler! Harry] ? I figured that was the keyword used in Challenge 3A!

Cribbage
    Participant

Will do. As always, I am really enjoying the developing story and I am looking forward to seeing what will happen next – these messages are most certainly not “narrĂ©s irritantes”. Oops, done it again, and again. Ok, I mean ‘Will do from now on!’.

Madness
    Participant

Harry, do you have the full newspaper article about spyclists? Could you post it?

F6exb
    Participant
    Madness
    Participant

Madness don’t pay. At that age, it should be in the public domain.

Madness
    Participant

Harry, is the intended keyword PHOTO? Just asking so that next week I can archive the solution.

Feefen
    Participant

Harry, will we ever know the answer to the puzzle at the end of 3B? I tried but couldn’t figure it out!(yet?)

Madness
    Participant

Yo, dude! Don’t actually publish the keyword!

Ernie
    Participant

Hello Harry,

we are finding 4B tricky, any clues please?

Harry
    Keymaster

If you read back the earlier messages you will see that the spyclists have agreed, for now to restrict themselves to substitution or transposition ciphers, and frequency analysis should have ruled out a substitution cipher, so you should be trying to break a transposition cipher. You can find a bit about this in the BOSS codebreaking guide. Cribs are your friend, in other words, you can try looking for particular words (or rather jumbled forms) that you expected in the message.

Any use?

Harry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.