Skip to main content

Challenges from competitors

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 188 total)
  • Author
    Kford-academy
    Participant

KA2020-3 Answers

Judging by the fact that @Madness posted something relating to contestants posting the answers to their puzzles, it only seems fair that I post my answers to the last puzzle I made. [HARRY, PLEASE DO NOT POST THIS POST IMMEDIATELY! [OK! Harry]]

1. 1089
    2. 2078
    3. 19, 29, 39, 49, 59, 69, 79, 89, 99
    4. 32
    5. -4, 4
    6. 3
    7. 1, 2
    8. 6, 28
    9. 2

Pandarran
    Participant

@Mattyrat2027 I have used a “key” to determine the key for the mono-alphabetic substitution – you will find said “key” in #53005

Madness
    Participant

Not me! It was @TLW.

Madness
    Participant

@Mattyrat2027,
    md5(PLAINTEXTMADNESS) = f3116ce850c48aa486f63ebab269901b

Harry was right that it was impossible with such a short ciphertext. Typically, one needs at least 65 times the period,
    and you gave us 15. (period = length of keyword)

Kford-academy
    Participant

ERROR ON POST #52931

Sorry, the answer to question 2 should be 2178, not 2078. Although I’m not sure this matters, as no-one did the challenge!

Here is the decryption of my hint:
    1. Put the question in the form ABCD * 9 = DCBA, where A, B, C, D represent digits (possibly the same digits) and no number can begin with 0. You should wish to find the value of ‘ABCD’. Then solve it, starting with the fact that D must equal 9…
    2. Again, put the question in the form ABCD * 4 = DCBA, where A, B, C, D represent digits (possibly the same digits) and no number can begin with 0. You should wish to find the value of ‘ABCD’. I give you no starting point this time.
    3. Either go through all 90 possibilities, or put the question in the form 10A+B = (A+B) + (A*B), where A is the first digit and B is the second.
    4. I give you no hint this time; there are only 3 possibilities!
    5. Put the question in the form x = x^3/16. Then solve for x.
    6. Put the question in the form x = 1.5x – 1.5. Then solve for x.
    7. You can prove this if you like, but both numbers are less than 10.
    8. As factors are only realistically defined for non-negative integers, there are only 101 possibilities. To limit your search further, I can reveal that both numbers are less than 33.
    9. Take the answer to be x (so x = 2/3 + (2/3)^2 + (2/3)^3 + (2/3)^4 + …). Then, 2x/3 = (2/3)^2 + (2/3)^3 + (2/3)^4 + …, which also means that x – 2/3 = 2x/3. Now solve for x.

Mattyrat2027
    Participant

@Madness as with most MD5 hashes I try and generate this one came out differently, so I don’t know where I went wrong. Would you mind giving me the md5 of KEYWORDMADNESS?

Madness
    Participant

@Mattyrat2027,
    9d76c26eb841f7a7b08fe5e0b34160bf

The last word is “later”.

Mattyrat2027
    Participant

@Madness Very good.

I would love to find out how you solved it, because in truth I have no idea!

Madness
    Participant

FOOXODTLUTUATAUYBLIFAIUFXKUDNCVRBFYTNUTHKFDKFIUDRJKFNNOWTLRKASDTUKUTNOFTIPSDRWOARITJFXAJQQIITIMB
    OLNIQKUANQLUTJTNVDULGTJTFFXQKFEUAJGEFQTNNOUOPOAMNLYAIMASDTUKUWGJGUTNCIUFLBLNNGIMIYSOAVTYBMOATRNN
    AWPOFLWBWFHGOBASAACFUDLNOTWIAAIBDBLIIONOARYGLYRXOFNETRBKLQLSLBLROIUBFYJDRJCFANEUKUKDDNRLNRIRBGPT
    AEKGFFIWAFTLRRNJNTNEONWLOMROORXRGMGNORBHAAHLAUURZRJJXTROTXVIASADLHSBTFAJTJTFFXQKFEULXDFLQATOQVGL
    FLUTBUHPAEBGIFDHBRAGANBONGLAKNKORCDBVLGSOUTRJRBKAUSBBOAGINFTLYLGHGAABIMIEBTPVLROPOLUCIEVODGA

Mattyrat2027
    Participant

Very clever, @Madness. Great deduction skills.

I have another challenge, (hopefully) not to difficult. This took be ages to make. Over a day, for such a small ciphertext. I doubt you’ll be able to make a reply quickly, so just send me the MD5 PLaintext+YOURNAME. Remember to retain the case for this!

90 85 74 33 47 75 85 91 49 49 6 75 85 53 8 7

Sorry that’s all I can manage!

The-letter-wriggler
    Participant

TLW Cipher 1
    ============
    Could this, the easiest of ciphers be the bane of a solve?

FZDGMNFPUAPWEKEKUVIGSGBFBDMGUGYVBRQGBTTDFHPTFAPWSXFTZGZGTUICNGZQVFPPPVHGUCQTJBFDVVIGZAPWSRSKAGJUZQVTDNFXFTOGTU

Give MD5 : ALL CAPS, NO SPACES, LETTERS ONLY OF PLAINTEXT + YOUR ID

The-letter-wriggler
    Participant

TLW Cipher 2
    ============
    An adventure! Unlucky for some?

f|#-r{“r -n-pn$r-n{q-sv{q-“un”-‘|#-n r-v{-n-zn(r-|s-yv””yr-“%v!”‘-}n!!ntr!9-“ur’-nyy-y||x-qvssr r{“9-‘|#-%nyx-|{-n{q-sv{q-‘|#-n r-v{-n-zn(r-|s-yv””yr-“%v!”v{t-}n!!ntr!9-v”-!# r-y||x!-qvssr r{“-‘|#-%nyx-|{9-‘|#-n r-{|%-v{-n-zn(r-|s-“%v!”v{t-yv””yr-}n!!ntr!9-qvssr r{“-y||xv{t-ntnv{-!|-‘|#-%nyx-|{9-‘|#-{|%-srry-y|!”-v{-n-zn(r-|s-“%v!”‘-yv””yr-}n!!ntr!-nyy-!rrzv{ty’-qvssr r{“-‘|#-z|$r-|{-n{q-‘|#-sv{q-‘|#-n r-v{-n-yv””yr-zn(r-|s-“%v!”v{t-}n!!ntr!-nyy-qvssr r{“9-‘|#-“nxr-n{|”ur – |#”r-“|-sv{q-‘|#-n r-v{-n-yv””yr-zn(r-|s-“%v!”‘-}n!!ntr!-nyy-qvssr r{“9-‘|#-xrr}-z|$v{t-“u |#tu-“ur-}n!!ntr!-{|”vpv{t-‘|#-n r-v{-n-yv””yr-“%v!”‘-zn(r-|s-}n!!ntr!-“ur{-v{-n-“%v!”v{t-yv””yr-zn(r-|s-}n!!ntr!-n{q-“ur{-‘|#-n r-v{-n-“%v!”v{t-zn(r-|s-yv””yr-}n!!ntr!9-‘|#-!”n “-“|-}n{vp-o#”-t|-|{9-{|%-‘|#-n r-v{-n-“%v!”‘-yv””yr-zn(r-|s-}n!!ntr!9-nyy-qvssr r{“-o#”-%nv”9-%un”-v!-“un”-nurnqL-‘|#-z|$r-v{“|-n-“%v!”‘-zn(r-|s-yv””yr-}n!!ntr!-%v”u-yvtu”-n”-“ur-r{q-|s-|{r-}n!!ntr9-‘|#- #{-q|%{-“un”-}n!!ntr-n{q-r{“r -v{“|-qn’yvtu”9-‘|#-n r-s rr-|s-“ur-pn$r.-5V{!}v rq-s |z-“ur-P|y|!!ny-Pn$r-Nq$r{“# r-n-“r&”-on!rq-nq$r{“# r9-{v{“rr{-!r$r{“‘-sv$r-:-!r$r{“‘-!r$r{6

Give MD5 : ALL CAPS, NO SPACES, LETTERS ONLY OF PLAINTEXT + YOUR ID

The MD5 of just the plaintext is : 29eccfe38852b9e0137b25238ae772ca

Madness
    Participant

@TLW, I don’t know if you realize, but the forum software mangles single quotes, double quotes, and dashes.
    Can you please verify that all double quotes in the ciphertext are meant to be the same character?
    That all single quotes are meant to be the same character?
    That the long dash near the center of the text is one (or two) hyphens?

P.S. I don’t celebrate my birthday.

Madness
    Participant

@TLW, I meant that I don’t wander in twisty passages, not that I avoid birthday partiers.

Madness
    Participant

In the ciphertext, shouldn’t f be *?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 188 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.