Skip to main content

Not eligible for prizes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Normally there is a not eligible for prizes box for if you are over 18 but there doesn’t seem to be one this year? Is this because you now ask for age so can work that out directly? I’m just checking that I didn’t just miss a tick box.

Harry
    Keymaster

That is true, we have done that in the past. This year we are going to let everyone register and take part then deal with eligibility when it comes to awarding prizes later. All part of our drive to cut down the data we collect and store. We are still asking for ages, but they are not stored with individual accounts, just used to monitor the profile of the cipher challenge community. You didn’t miss anything!

(First to post by the way, well done!)

Harry

Website_tester
    Participant

I’m here just testing the website, so that I can report back to Geheimschriftdienst, and I notice that personal avatars are missing. Last year, they were provided by wordpress and linked to email addresses, but this year we don’t provide email addresses. Hmm?

Harry
    Keymaster

Thanks for raising it. An unfortunate side effect of us reducing the data we have about everyone. It is a shame, but I am not sure there is a fix. Apologies,

Harry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.