Skip to main content

One Time Pad

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Mattyrat2027
    Participant

MSPZYKWYOHPLEXOCPKBBPMESMOIBIGONGDBYYVAYPMJMSDCIOLEXZDBVRIEWHWGDETVWPALNUJKACKLUZWYRREFATBWGTOEKUUTJTZEXLMCKUSIIAOMEXIRSGEGKBZTTVDMIQR UUVJWWTVBHQMFLUSGKIELRQYGSSQGYKRTTINEOGGBRIGWTKUAYVPFWETRVMQCFZJPWLGLSMVTVHVSOLLYGHBS

A new one for you all. No plaintext, only a clue towards the key. It is a famous book, written in the 1800s (can’t specify the year – it’s the top of the list!) turned into multiple films, and even a LEGO set. The key takes text straight from the beginning so you won’t have to search far. One final thing – my wording was very careful in that last sentence 😉

Madness
    Participant

@Mattyrat2027, the challenges in this thread use Vigenere-like ways of combining the key with the plaintext, not XOR.
    The key for #53003 is a random string of uppercase letters.

Pandarran
    Participant

@Mattyrat2027 MD5 of PLAINTEXTPANDARRAN is 51360e5d5ef835f98d83e50d0616dd70

I was lucky it was the first book I tried – and (I think) I remembered the website you were using

The-letter-wriggler
    Participant

@Mattyrat2027

PLAINTEXT+TLW MD5: 968a7b8ffb976265e7deb94ceefef6f2

Madness
    Participant

Has anyone solved the two-time pad? No? OK, here’s a OTP with a randomly generated key. Good luck.

TSZWJHBRDLQYCKIOVCCEUCHITEKCEQUUKYWUOWXCUNCZOCJXWTUGVASGODMYJOCFTLMEQOQZSEITDCWLGQHOMXNIGKEFYKU
    EGHYSZYZFDXBLFYHHRDOZZJGPTMNZCTYEULNJSEPZBNCYMLVNHWAHMHYGZQUJYNPVLTCAFVHWJEUEHOJZNTJYDDNUEKHSCB
    OCXQKBHLKMAVCFFYLFKNYAQUAJCHHFJICKSRHJPOFPGADIWYIPGWAASJOZSPMPALORNOLLBQGUNKSZ

F6exb
    Participant

I think you are kidding. 🙂

Mattyrat2027
    Participant

I didn’t get a match, but that is probably due to the fact that I misspelt 1 word in the key! Did you notice? 😉

MSPZYKWYOHPLEXOCPKBBPMESMOIBIGONGDBYYVAYPMJMSDCIOLEXZDBVRIEWHWGDETVWPALNUJKACKLUZWYRREFATBWGTOEKUUTJTZEXLMCKUSIIAOMEXIRSGEGKBZTTVDMIQRUZSJVJGEHYORVWLPLDTEEAJWDVQOAWWGHQVAWSYBCRLXUVPHLCRENBKEKRCBAGISYGZHGXASQIHREWSLQRGS

Amended ciphertext for anyone still trying (Encrypted with the corrected key)

I also have a difficult OTP for everyone, with a random alphabet. I can confidently give you the key, ciphertext and plaintext, but you’ll have to work out the alphabet yourself.
    Ciphertext:
    #JPXVY+W//ERLR#XIBPYYORR#YIRAJEAD/RXP/XA-TLHEFXDSFOLRH–X#XD#UNGXYEJUOOU/SNWNZQWEJBUOZULHHSFQKP/T#RHTMXHJEFVALUJIGKLVPKIVAEMBKQHGHNJII-X-
    EEDSLGANZHZ-FT/QNQM#ETQXFIIOMW/N/IRSZJGYFWKYSGMBEMGGIKZNONNBVZKWGEVTQAXLRCOLW#ZWJT#ZXDJWHU
    Plaintext: THEONETIMEPADISACURIOUSTHINGUNDERTHERIGHTCIRCUMSTANCESITISCOMPLETELYUNCRACKABLEYETWITHASMALLHINTITCRUMBLESEASIERTHANCHALLENGESEVENBANDTHATS
    SAYINGSOMETHINGPLEASEGIVEMETHEMDFIVEOFTHEALPHABETYOURNAMEINALLCAPITALSANDNOPUNCTUATION
    KEY:
    ICOULDNTREALLYTHINKOFASUITABLETOPICSOILLRAMBLEONABOUTSOMETHINGSOTHATTHISISLONGENOUGHNOWLETSSEEWHATCOULDITALKABOUTWELLBEINGASTHISISADIFFERENT
    ALPHABETICANSAYTHATITWASRANDOMLYGENERATEDSOTHEREWONTBEANYKEYWORDTOHELPYOUSOTHENGOODLUCK

The-letter-wriggler
    Participant

@Mattyrat2027 OK Redone. Here is my new MD5 for your OTP-Book
    PLAINTEXT+TLW MD5: 3bf3615a810a78081bca6d44b05c3def

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.