Skip to main content

Welcome to the Bureau of Security and Signals Intelligence

Tinker tailor tourist spy Forums Bureau of Security and Signals Intelligence Forum Welcome to the Bureau of Security and Signals Intelligence

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Harry
    Keymaster

Over the last 20 years over 50,000 people have taken part in the National Cipher Challenge and we are delighted that you have decided to join them. The cryptographer Neils Ferguson reckons that cryptography is “just about the most fun you can have with mathematics”. As a professional mathematician I can think of some others, but overall I agree with him, and hopefully so will you.
    The National Cipher Challenge is more than a competition, it is a community and this discussion board is the equivalent of the village square. The elves and I will be monitoring it but on the whole you can post anything you like here. You can ask questions about the competition, or codebreaking in general; share programming tips or interesting resources; you can tell us your favourite jokes, talk about your favourite books, movies or TV shows, or contribute puzzles for the others to try.
    You can make threads or reply to them, agree, debate or entertain, but please remember that behind each secret identity there is a human being like you with feelings as well as thoughts. Be witty, be entertaining, be wise, but above all, be kind.

Harry

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.