Skip to main content

Cipher Clock

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Madness
    Participant

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ……..
    Tick, tick, tick, tick, ……..

Blarthox
    Participant

is there another puzzle hidden inside the solution to 7B? or is this really the end?

Awilliams
    Participant

I have made a program to decode the cipher text but cannot find a keyword or anything to get me started in actually decoding it into something readable. A first word/letter would be so useful

Sethb08
    Participant

TOCK TOCK TOCK TOCK

Participant

Who’s bit of evil genius was that?

17cmere
    Participant

AGH!!!! HOW DO YOU DO IT???!!! There are 28! ciphertext alphabets you could make, or 304,888,344,611,713,860,501,504,000,000. That means I can’t even brute force it! The cipher has to be solveable, or it wouldn’t have been a part of the challenge, though I will be incredibly surprised if someone manages to finish before 11pm tonight.

Othenn
    Participant

Have you decoded 7A and read it through? It will help 🙂

Diamondcoder
    Participant

Madness, once again I admire your cunning, and how you can laugh in the face of the ticking clock that will now haunt my dreams and nightmares. Over 2 hours of work total and minor progress. Still, better than most years.

Aliarif70
    Participant

My team has done 7B too, we got Dear Uncle Wilhelm…. Do you care to finish it off?

[Nice try – I wouldn’t base your strategy on this if I were you! Harry]

Jbrintcrypt
    Participant

I am conceding defeat in this challenge, as I do not believe I can decipher the puzzle by the time the first deadline has passed. What I don’t understand is that the puzzle doesn’t seem entirely consistent with the way it is laid out in the case files. Regardless of the manner I try to solve it or how certain I am that a crib must be correct, the letters don’t line up on a 28-letter wheel. I would therefore like to ask the following: is the way to solve the puzzle not entirely as shown in the case file report on the spyclist’s clock, am I merely an incompetent, or is there a very devious puzzle setter with a weird sense of humour who likes to construct puzzles that have pretend cribs deliberately designed to look like they could be partially decoded? (I’ve probably spent an hour just trying to make sure my hunch about one of the last words- I won’t say which due to spoilers- is correct but I have been unable to prove anything.)

[We will be publishing more reports on the clock, so do not despair! Harry]

F6exb
    Participant

Not sure 100% but I think that I have understood why Madness is laughing in #52573

Hazzataytay
    Participant

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock

Madness
    Participant

@Othenn, habst du kampf 7B gelöst?

Boiboiboi
    Participant

I’ve put all the characters in their places but I can’t seam to find a website a website to do the actual deciphering for me. I assume I’m meant to find a website cus I’m manually doing 6000 characters???!

[You are supposed to not find a website! If you don’t know how to programme, which a lot of people don’t, then ry using your cunning and a spreadsheet together with a text editor to automate the steps for that! (I checked this before we published and it is quite doable) Harry]

Code_cracking
    Participant

Do you have to implement the spyclist version or the other version (in the case files)? I find the two versions of the cipher in 7B quite confusing. Thanks

[We will be publishing more technical reports to help with this. Keep thinking about it … Harry]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.